At 8:33 PM on Monday, February 13, Station 49 along with units from Stations 44 & 39, were dispatched to the 5300 block of Paes Road in Salisbury Township for a dwelling fire. The alarm was received while Station 49's membership were at the firehouse for the monthly business meeting, and the apparatus all responded fully staffed in under a minute after dispatch.
Lancaster County 911 advised that the caller reported a fire in the attic of the home.
Chief 49 (R. Gossert) arrived with a working fire, and assumed command of the incident.
Units arrived and commenced fire suppression with an aggressive interior attack on the fire.
The fire was placed under control at 9:22 PM with units engaged in extensive overhaul. The final units cleared the incident at 11:41 PM.
The fire originated in the attic as a result of a furnace malfunction. Damages are estimated at $310,000.00. Two residents were sleeping in the home, and fortunately were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector and escaped the home.
Thanks to Gap Fire Company for standing by at Station 49 with Engine 42-2
Additional photos by 3rd Alarm Photography can be seen at the link below.